Thursday, March 4, 2010

Woo hoo!

Ok so now my car broke down. I need to replace some valves or something, which will be close to $600... Which is way too much considering the amount of money already shoveled in to that thing. Soooo I'm currently sorting out my options. I'll probably have to send it off to oily, gassy H-E-double hockey sticks. Maybe get some money for parts. Aaaanyway, now about the house

We're going to get everything with the loan sorted out tomorrow and will HOPEFULLY close by next Friday (the 12th) Also: We are no longer getting the "fixer-upper" loan with money built in. We're instead getting an FHA-TYPE loan and putting 5% down, then spending the other 15% we would have put down on the "fixer upper" loan on actually fixing things. This way we don't have to pay interest. Yaay!

I think we're both really excited to get in to the house so we can focus on fun things. Like... I don't know... THE WEDDING?

We are now thinking of having the wedding in Fairfield, where I'm from. It's only about 4 hours away with inexpensive hotels as well as really inexpensive parks to rent out! Joe and I feel that being married outside is very important. Honestly, $1000 for a venue for 2 hours that won't accommodate both our ceremony and honeymoon is much to inexpensive. So we may head over there. For all the Burnetts and friends who don't know about Fairfield, check this out. Wonderful small town for sure.

Check back soon for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment